TEMA: A Kübelwagen gets balloon tires for the desert

A Kübelwagen gets balloon tires for the desert 5 años 4 semanas antes #56613

• Edwin
  • Fuera de línea
  • Teniente
  • Teniente
  • Edwin
  • Gracias recibidas: 27
Some time ago I got the job to a bucket Tamyia balloon tires and mount the appropriate wheel rims. This balloon tires come from a state model and thus were not to assemble, the bucket should remain a driving model.

So Frank had me pressed his bucket in hand and the same could also be a good idea as the renovation work.

First, I have my views precisely how to do it.

Rims and tires fit if and only have 5 in each rim holes are drilled for the screws. The wheels are then screwed on a Addapter, almost like it's in a real vehicle also.
This Addapter I made of aluminum. adjusted and the axes.

For the holes for mounting rims I had to use a small part of the device and watch crazy not to charge me. Continue to rotate for each hole at exactly 72 °.

Just at the rim, which I've drilled out the screws indicated.

In each Addapter were then each 5 piece M1 to cut 2 threads, which is not easy in aluminum.

After I had still milled at the front of a 2mm recess for the mounting screw and two of Addapter a depression on the DEWE for the driver I was able to start assembling.

The screw I have secured with a drop of Loctite.

And so is the bucket after I screwed the back wheels equipped on his new shoes ... for the desert....

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

A Kübelwagen gets balloon tires for the desert 5 años 4 semanas antes #56614

Great job, Edwin. Now you only have to paint it. Like real life, it will run better on sand terrains :)

Sherman M4 105 mm Howitzer (Tamiya), Sturmtiger (Matorro), Kubelwagen (Tamiya), Volkswagen Typ 82E

Sherman M4 105 mm Howitzer (Tamiya), Sturmtiger (Matorro), Kubelwagen (Tamiya), Volkswagen Typ 82E
Última Edición: por Ferdinand.

A Kübelwagen gets balloon tires for the desert 5 años 4 semanas antes #56615

• Edwin
  • Fuera de línea
  • Teniente
  • Teniente
  • Edwin
  • Gracias recibidas: 27
Hi Ferdinand,

paint it must be owner who gets the Kübelwagen back now. I have rebuilt it for him. I also order modellers, especially regarding technology.

regards Edwin

• Página:
Gracias a Foro Kunena
Joomla templates by a4joomla